UGEE Admission Procedure
Applicants who applied for admission via the UGEE mode appear for an exam and are shortlisted for interviews based on the exam performance. The qualified applicants (found suitable in the interview) are ranked based on their interview performance, as judged by the interview panel.
(Jump to Round and Refund Schedule)
Rounds of seat-allotment:
- The seat-allotment process has multiple rounds.
- Only qualified applicants are eligible for seat allotment.
- In each round, an applicant has a deadline to accept by paying the requisite fees or decline the allotted seat; an applicant can lock the seat if satisfied with the allotted programme.
- If an applicant did not accept and pay for an allotted seat by the deadline, the seat will be treated as declined by the candidate.
- If no seat is allotted to an applicant in a Round, the applicant can continue to the next round. However, an applicant has to give consent to participate in the next round. A one-time payment (Rs 10,000 for seat allocation and Rs 10,000 as an advance towards tuition fee) is required for continuation to the second and further rounds.
Tuition Fee for Dual Degree Programmes:
- INR 3,60,000 for the academic year 2023-24.
- Hostel and Mess fees are extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates announced with the seat allotment.
- The Admission fee of INR 10,000 (non-refundable) and the first-semester tuition fee of INR 1,80,000 should be paid online through the payment portal.
One Seat Allotment Policy:
- A candidate is allowed to apply for multiple modes of admission to IIIT and choose multiple programme preferences, but will be allowed to accept, pay for and hold one seat only in one of the admission modes, of one of the programmes.
- Seat Acceptance across Modes: If a candidate gets a seat in one admission mode 𝑋 (e.g. UGEE), accepts and pays for it and later gets a seat in a different mode 𝑌 (e.g. JEE), then s/he can accept and pay for the latter seat only after giving up/cancelling the earlier accepted seat in mode 𝑋. The candidate will then no longer be eligible for further rounds of mode 𝑋, but can participate in further rounds of mode 𝑌, if any.
- Seat Acceptance across Institutes: A candidate may apply across multiple institutes. However, we strongly discourage candidates to accept, pay and hold onto multiple seats, as the timely opportunity of those seats becomes unavailable to others. Candidates are encouraged to accept and pay for a seat at one institute only after cancelling the seat being held at another institute, if any.
The counseling procedure, seat acceptance, cancellation and refund policies are based on the above understanding.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Round and Refund Schedule:
|Round Number||Announcement||Accept by||Cancel by||Refund Amount
[with valid offer letter]
[without offer letter]
|R1||23rd June 2023||1st July 2023||100% (1,80,000)||100% (1,80,000)|
|7th July 2023||100%-20K (1,60,000)||60000|
|13th July 2023||100%-40K (1,40,000)||40000|
|17th July 2023||100%-60K (1,20,000)||20000|
|25th July 2023||10000||10000|
|R2||4th July 2023||100% (1,80,000)||100% (1,80,000)|
|25th July 2023||10000||10000|
- The number of Rounds of admission that will be conducted is subject to the availability of seats.
- All deadlines are at 5.00 PM Indian Standard Time of the announced date.
- All refunds are repayable by end of 21st August 2023
- Seat allocation is final after the last round. No upgrading is permitted even if there are unfilled seats.
- The institute reserves the right to conduct different rounds of seat allocation based on the available seats and the number of acceptances after a round.
- If a candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria by securing less than specified minimum in Class 12, the candidate becomes ineligible, and his/her admission will be canceled.
- If an applicant accepts a UGEE seat now and later gets a seat in JEE mode, they can accept it only after relinquishing the earlier accepted UGEE mode seat. Further, they will have to accept the first instance the seat is offered in the JEE mode regardless of it not being their highest preference programme.