Olympiad Admissions 2023
Note: Undergraduate new admits physical reporting to the institute is scheduled on 28th October 2022
This mode is for admissions to our undergraduate and dual degree programmes, for applicants who have the distinction of being selected for Olympiads at the national level. In appreciation of their distinction, applicants in this mode will be shortlisted and called directly for an interview. The decision on final offer of admission is solely based on the interview performance.
Graduates of dual degree programmes earn two degrees: B.Tech and MS. The Masters degree requires completion of a research thesis. The programme prepares students for research-oriented jobs and higher studies. The duration of the programme is 5-years.
Am I eligible ?
You are eligible if you passed 12th class or equivalent this year, by July 2023, with Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and belong to any of the following categories:
- Selected for training to represent India at certified International Olympiads in Informatics, Linguistics, Mathematics or Science (Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Physics) during the last 4 years. The qualifying Olympiads for each programme have been listed in the table below. Other Olympiads (including the Junior Science Olympiad) will not be considered.
- Selected for the Indian team at the certified International Olympiads during the last 4 years. The qualifying Olympiads for each programme have been listed in the table below. In this category, applicants are eligible for the 4-year undergraduate program (in addition to the 5-year dual-degree program) once they are selected through the interviews.
- Received a gold or silver medal at the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) during the last 4 years. In this category, applicants are eligible for only the CSD programme.
- Applicants are allowed to apply in only one of the above categories.
- If you qualify for interview through both OLYMPIAD and UGEE modes, you will be interviewed by the UGEE panel and will be considered for all the programs listed in your preferences.
|Programme abbreviation||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Master of Science (MS) by Research||Qualifying Olympiad with Official Link|
|CND||Computer Science||Computational Natural Sciences||Science, Maths (selected for national training)|
|CLD||Computer Science||Computational Linguistics||IOL, PLO (selected for national training)|
|CSD||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||IOI, INOI, Maths (selected for national training, or received gold/silver medal at INOI)|
|ECD||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Maths (selected for national training)|
|CSE||Computer Science and Engineering||–||IOI, IOL, Science, Maths (selected to represent India)|
|ECE||Electronics and Communication Engineering||–||IOI, IOL, Science, Maths (selected to represent India)|
The list below has the details of Certified Olympiads:
- Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI)
- The INOI is conducted annually by Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS).
- Science Olympiad (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy)
- The Olympiad is conducted by Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE) under the control of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India.
- Mathematics Olympiad
- The Mathematics Olympiad is conducted by Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India. The Olympiad programme culminates with the selection and participation of the students in the international IMO.
- International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) / Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO)
- The International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) is one of the 12 International Science Olympiads and has been held annually since 2003. The Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO) is conducted by Faculty from India’s premier Educational Institutes and some of India’s top Computational Linguists.
What do I need to do to apply?
To apply, you need to register online and fill an application form by the announced deadline.
Application Fee: INR 2,000 (Non-refundable)
Applications are closed
Shortlisted candidates will have to clear an interview to gain admission. The decision on final offer of admission is solely based on the interview performance and the decision of the interview committee is final.
Date of interviews: 13th to 15th June 2023(Online)
- INR 3,60,000 for the academic year 2023-24.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the seat allotment fee and tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates announced with the seat allotment.
- The seat allotment fee of INR 10,000 (non refundable) and first semester tuition fee of INR 1,80,000 should be paid online through the payment portal.
IIIT Hyderabad provides a safe and supportive environment to enable students to realize their full potential. Financial assistance will be available in the form of repayable loan.For more details, please Click here.
Seat Allocation, Acceptance and Cancellation Details:
|Round||Announcement||Accept by||Cancel by||Refund amount|
|First Allotment||23rdJune 2023||1st July 2023||1st July 2023||162000|
|–||–||–||7th July 2023||135000|
|–||–||–||13th July 2023||90000|
|–||–||–||22nd July 2023||45000|
|–||–||–||25th July 2023||10000|