Lateral Entry Entrance Examination (LEEE)
Note: Undergraduate new admits physical reporting to the institute is scheduled on 28th October 2022
The LEEE mode is for lateral entry to dual degree programmes. Graduates of the dual degree programmes earn two degrees: B.Tech and Master of Science by Research. The Masters degree requires completion of a research thesis. The programme prepares students for research-oriented jobs and higher studies. The duration of the programme is 4 years.
The dual-degree programmes that a LEEE applicant is eligible for are
Am I eligible ?
The eligibility criteria for ECD and CSD programmes are as below.
- ECD : Applicants completing their 3 Semesters of B.E. / B.Tech. in ECE / ETE / EIE / EEE / IoT / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Electronics and Computer Engineering by July 2023
- CSD : Applicants completing their 3 Semesters of B.E. / B.Tech. in CSE / IT/ AI & ML / Data Science / Software Engineering by July 2023.
Applicants with a keen interest in a research programme and/or an aggregate of 80% marks (or 8/10 cumulative grade point average) at the end of their 3rd semester are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: The normal eligibility is to complete 4 semesters. If due to COVID-19 there was a delay and only 3 semesters have been completed by July 2023, it will be accepted.
Applicants in this mode need to appear for a computer-based lateral entry entrance examination (LEEE) conducted by IIIT Hyderabad.
a) Aptitude Test – 60 Minutes
b) Subject Test – 120 Minutes
Applicants for CSD programme must appear for the Computer Science and Engineering exam while applicants for ECD programme must appear for Electronics and Communication Engineering exam.
Date of the examination: 6th May 2023, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The exam will be held in multiple centers across many cities (List of Centers)
Candidates shortlisted from this exam will have to clear an interview to gain admission. The decision on final offer of admission is solely based on the interview performanceand the decision of the interview committee is final.
Date of interviews: 27th May 2023(Online)
What do I need to do to apply?
You need to register online and fill an application form to appear for the exam by the announced deadline.
Application Fee: INR 2,500 (Non-refundable)
How do I prepare for LEEE ?
The exams are computer-based with objective questions. The syllabi for the subject exams are given below.
Mathematics (For both CSE & ECE):
- Linear Algebra: Vector spaces and subspaces, Orthogonal subspaces, Inner product, Projection, Determinant and its properties, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- Probability: Axiom of probability, Cumulative density function, Probability density/mass function, Moments of a random variable, Function of random variables, Distributions: Binomial, Bernoulli, Geometric, Poisson, Gaussian and Exponential.
- Calculus: Integration, Differentiation, Limits, Continuity, Cauchy sequences, Convergence and divergence of series, Maxima and minima, Mean value theorem.
Computer Science and Engineering Exam:
- Digital Logic
- Data Structures
- Basic Algorithms & Problem Solving
- Discrete Mathematics
Electronics and Communications Engineering Exam:
- Digital Logic
- Circuit Theory and Networks
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Signals and Systems
Tuition Fee for Dual Degree (ECD & CSD) Programmes
- Tuition fee for the academic year 2023-24 is INR 3,60,000/-.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra (Approx Rs.35,000/- per semester); these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying Admissions fee of INR 10,000/- (Non-refundable) and the tuition fee for one semester INR 1,80,000/-, on or before the acceptance dates announced with the seat allotment.
- The seat acceptance amount of INR 1,90,000/- should be paid online through the payment portal.
IIIT Hyderabad provides a safe and supportive environment to enable students to realize their full potential. Financial assistance will be available in the form of repayable loan.For more details, please Click here.
Seat Acceptance and Cancellation Deadlines:
|S.No||Seat Cancellation Date||Refund Amount|
|1||Cancellation on or before 24th June 2023, 5PM IST||Rs.1,80,000/-|
|2||Cancellation after 24th June 2023, 5PM IST||Rs.10,000/-|