Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA)
IIITH: DASA 2022-23 Admission Process
Admissions under Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA) mode for Undergraduate students for the academic year 2022-23 at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India is open to candidates who have
- Completed XI and XII or equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry, outside India, by June 2022, or
- Hold a foreign passport, and completed XI and XII or equivalent, with Maths, Physics and Chemistry, anywhere, by June 2022
Applicants seeking admission through this mode have to follow a separate online process for IIIT, Hyderabad.
SAT Test scores are mandatory for application; the essay part of SAT is not required. The applicant should have a minimum aggregate score of 1070 (out of a maximum of 1600) in SAT. The test scores should be reported directly to IIITH by the college board and the scores should reach IIITH on or before 22nd May 2022. Applicant should have written the SAT test not earlier than May 2020.
Admissions through DASA mode for 2022-23 will be through SAT scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total SAT score. All applicants will be ranked based on this total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
- Evidence based Reading and Writing (SAT)
- Maths (SAT)
Students tied even after the above will be given the same rank and treated on par.
Four year single degree programmes More information
- [CSE] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- [ECE] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Five year dual degree programmes More information
- [CLD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research More information
- [CND] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research More information
- [CHD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computing and Human Sciences by Research More information
Sanctioned Number of Seats:
- CSE: 25
- ECE: 10
- CND/CLD/CHD: 2 Seats per programme
Online application should be submitted by candidates on our Application Portal.
Applicants have to indicate their preferences for the programmes listed above on the application portal. No change of preferences will be allowed after the submission deadline of the application.
While applying, you are advised to choose only the programmes you are willing to join, if allotted, in the branch preference list. A program should not be in your preference list as a placeholder for another one. If you do not take up an allotted seat, you are denying that seat to another student!
If you are interested in only one programme, say, ECE (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering) and no other programme of the Institute, you should give ECE as your first preference on the application portal and nil for others. If you are keen only on a few programmes of the Institute, give the preference order only among those.
Applicants will be required to upload final/board exam marks when available for classes XI and XII, showing marks for Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
SAT Score Time Line to Reach IIITH from College Board:
SAT Scores have to be sent directly through College Board to IIIT, Hyderabad (Institute Code: 6997). The scores should reach IIITH on or before 22nd May 2022.
Candidates writing SAT exams on 7th May, 2022 are advised to include IIIT Hyderabad to receive their scores when they register for SAT, in order to meet the above deadlines. Please refer How to Send SAT Scores
We expect that the scores will reach IIITH by the stated deadline even if you take the 7th May, 2022 SAT exams provided you request the College Board appropriately in advance to report the score to IIITH. We are open to receive rush reports from College Board. However, in the event it does not reach the Institute by the deadline, we may be unable to process your application.
All the dates are as per Indian Standard Time (IST).
A fee of INR 6000 (Non-Refundable) is to be paid online, while submitting the online application form.
- USD 14,000 for the academic year 2022-23.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the Institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates announced with the seat allotment.
- The first semester tuition fee of USD 7000 should be paid online through the payment portal. Instructions for payment will be emailed to you.